Internship - Spring 2020
Rise Justice Labs (Rise) seeks qualified students to join the 2020 Rise Spring Internship Program. Interns will get direct experience in writing bills, passing laws, negotiating United Nations resolutions, and building a social movement. Past intern classes have organized and attended NASA rocket launches, conducted and prepared United States Congressional hearings, and travelled abroad to coalition build for the United Nations portfolio. Interns aid in Rise’s legislative campaigns around the country and world.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Support the efforts of Rise in its various State, Federal and Global efforts however necessary
* Support the efforts other campaigns within Rise Justice Labs however necessary
* Assist in researching, developing, editing, and reviewing internal documents and briefing materials, including informational memos
* Provide direct support to senior staff in media events, including research, briefings and staffing
* Complete additional projects and other duties as assigned
* Change the world
* Students currently enrolled in any two or four year undergraduate, or any post-graduate program
* Passionate about changing the world
* Detail-oriented, with the ability to be resourceful and work independently
* Strong analytical, writing, organizational, planning and management skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and G-Suite
* Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others
* Knowledge of how a bill becomes a law
The internship is unpaid and located in Washington, DC with the potential for some travel. To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Spring Internship,” no later than December 10, 2019.
If you are not able to locate in Washington, DC for the semester or are otherwise unable to meet the qualifications for internships, please visit our campaign page to learn how else to become involved.
Rise is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified applications to apply regardless of disability, sex or sexual orientation, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, protected veteran status (if applicable), or any other characteristic protected by law.