Internship - Fall 2021
Rise seeks qualified students to join the Rise Internship Program. Interns will get direct experience in writing bills, passing laws, negotiating United Nations resolutions, and building a social movement, i.e. combatting AAPI hate crimes. Past intern classes have organized and attended NASA rocket launches, conducted and prepared United States Congressional hearings, and travelled abroad to coalition build for the United Nations portfolio. Interns aid in Rise’s legislative campaigns around the country and world.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Support the efforts of Rise in its various State, Federal and Global efforts however necessary
* Support the efforts of other Rise campaigns however necessary
* Assist in researching, developing, editing, and reviewing internal documents and briefing materials, including informational memos
* Provide direct support to senior staff in media events, including research, briefings and staffing
* Complete additional projects and other duties as assigned
* Change the world
* Students currently enrolled in any two or four year undergraduate, or any post-graduate program
* Passionate about changing the world
* Detail-oriented, with the ability to be resourceful and work independently
* Strong analytical, writing, organizational, planning and management skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and G-Suite
* Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others
* Knowledge of how a bill becomes a law
This internship can be part-time or full-time, is unpaid, and will be held remotely via our remote workplace over Slack, Google hangouts and Zoom. Rise headquarters is located in Washington, DC but has been closed and employees and interns have been working remotely due to COVID-19. Please note that our internships are highly competitive. While there are limited slots, we look forward to reviewing your application.
To apply, please send a resume, writing sample, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Fall Internship,” no later than August 11, 2021.